Best News Views and Images Website Room

Wednesday 6 February 2008

Blooter : Google search word is in the last 24 hours

Guess what the top Google search word is in the last 24 hours? The answer is the expressive, almost onomatopoeic word “blooter”. I believe this is because of a new music web site but blooter is a Scottish word with several meanings. It is usually but not always used in the past tense.

It can mean to hit with force ” The centre forward blootered the ball in to the net” or “The ned blootered the window with a rock” or “I am going to blooter you!.

It can also mean an advanced state of intoxication “did you see him in the pub last night? he was blootered!”

Many years ago when I played golf, a friend of mine had the curious habit of shouting “blooter!” whenever he hit a good drive. When I hear the word I automatically think of him.

Anyway, BLOOTER! is today’s word of the day

No comments: